Momma Wear

Custom crochet items, from baby layetes,blankets,toys,to kids and adult wear and accessories..all items can be custom made for you in the colors of choice..

Monday, June 26, 2006

MaKayla's Chemo Doo-Rag


I'm so sorry I haven't been here lately..alot has been going on in my life..one of my twin grandaughters was diagnosed with a Medullablastoma( a Central Nervous System Brain Tumor) and well it became cancerous.. we had it removed and then they told us that she had cancer cells in her spinal fluid.. she is doing very well and has to get Chemo therapy for the next year! So well I have been traveling back and forth to Georgia from VA about oncce a month or so..I have been crocheting like crazy for her ya know little hats and head kerchiefs.. I designed this little DOO-RAG for her I thought it was cute..so here it is for ya! It was very simple and I think it took me maybe 30-45 minutes to whip out!If you would like the pattern I would be glad to write on up and post it here..let me know gals.. I could even make one for adults if anyone would like it..


Here is the Halter top I made to go with it! And of course I made 2 one is with Purple flower and edging and the other is Pink flower and edging!

FRONT VERSION BACK VERSION


This halter top was an original of a great designer and I changed it around quite a bit.. I did it in a HDC stitch and I changed the starting SQUARE to a reg. flower instead of a ROSE GRANNY SQUARE.. then last she did a 7 dc shell where is used a 5dc shell, I only did ties at the neck and middle back and she did little wide straps at the neck and middle back..It still turned out very pretty! I will be posting alot more things in the coming days for you all to see..Everyone Take Care!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Dark Goth Gurl said...

    Oh my they are both beautiful I love them. I would definately love a pattern please. You wouldn't happen to have a pattern for the halter too would you? She is going to look beautiful in the doo rag you made her.

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Woodhill design said...

    Would love to see a pattern...I live in Isle of wight too...small world....I live near the packing plant area....

    Bren
    Woodhill Crochet Design Studio

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home